Volunteering as an ICS Team Leader is a great way to put your language ability into practice while positively impacting people’s lives. As well as getting a chance to use your language skills you’ll gain experience in leadership and international development that will make you more attractive to employers.
We’re looking for passionate Team Leaders to join Raleigh International Citizen Service (ICS) in Nicaragua in February 2017.
Support teams of UK and Nicaraguan volunteers on a community-based sustainable development project.
It’s a government funded volunteering programme, so it won’t cost you a penny.
ICS is led by VSO and funded by the UK government. It’s a development programme that brings together young people from the UK and developing countries to volunteer in some of the poorest communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
What will you do?
- Spend 7 months in Nicaragua
- Support a group of volunteers working on development projects
- Live and work with people in rural communities and become immersed in the local culture
- Help to improve people’s access to water and sanitation
- Or support young people and women to set up small businesses and improve their livelihoods